Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children

Image result for miss peregrine's home for peculiar children
When Jacob's Grandfather died he ends up on a chase to find the truth. He only knows that his grandfather had an amazing collection of old photographs of peculiar children. He heads to an old island that was struck with grief and bombs during World War 2 and stumbles upon an old abandoned house that matched one of his Grandfathers many pictures. But when he stumbles upon the peculiar children from the photos will he stay there and fight evil with love or forget the thing entirely. 

Ransom Riggs wrote from the perspective of Jacob. The way he wrote the story made you feel like you were Jacob and I loved it. I think that Ransom Riggs wrote this way because it helped you see the creatures only he could see. It also made the story feel like you were living it. 

I wasn't expecting the book to be this good. I grabbed it because I wanted to read the book before the movie cam out but I didn't realize what I was getting into. This book was so good and I hoe that the movie does the same. I loved this book.

Something that this book taught me was to always be yourself no matter how peculiar you may be. I also learned that you should always do what you feel like you should do no matter what anyone else says. This book has so many lessons and all of them are some of the greatest ones I can ever live by. 

I would recommend  this book to people who love adventures and mysteries. It is a very mysterious book and it has a lot of action and adventure. This book has a romance part to it too which I loved.

6 comments:

  1. Your summery of the book makes me want to read it but you didn't tell what you thought of the book. Or any questions you have about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m wondering if this is fully your whole page ? Also you have a great idea on what the story is about, but you need to be more pacific and add more about the book. There is great punctuation. Your mainly focused on the characters instead of really talking about how the story goes. Overall I think you still did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that I would like to know about this book is how did he know that he had to go to an island and how old is he. I really think that If i was to read this book that I would like it. But some stuff that I would like to know more about is where did Jacob find the stuff of his grandfather's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post was a great summary of this book. But I do have a few questions. Such as What's the backstory of all the peculiar children (If you know them) Why did his grandfather I pictures of these children? How long has his grandfather known about these children? One thing that I liked or thought was interesting was when he stumbled upon one of the peculiar children. This was great to add to the summary because it added lot’s of detail to it. There weren't any errors, but it could have been a bit longer. Overall I really enjoyed it good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whole brief summary made me want to read it, it had a fantastic question at the end which was a great hook, the only question I have is what is it that made the children peculiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be possible to say that the book theme was to listen to the stories told, because they can teach you something? It's just a thought that ran across my mind in paragraph four.

    On to something more important, you write about evil being fought with love. In this sense do you mean to say that there are creatures that lurk about that could only be identified as evil? Perhaps do you mean this in a sense that it is a psychological fight with himself after seeing the picture. A third idea that crossed my mind was about this evil being nothing more than a force, which it what I have been studying recently. I just wish for you as the writer to elaborate more so on what it is that is going on with the whole concept of evil.

    I wish to say though that I don't believe that people can learn lessons from only being told, and by reading them. My belief is that lessons can only be taught from pure experience, and no I don't mean lessons taught in class. For example people are suppose to look both ways before crossing the street. I didn't learn this through lessons, like being told by my parents. I learned because I was in a foreign third world country. They didn't have much of a way to build with a code, so when I was trying to cross a street, an odd building blocked my view of one side. Just as I was about to step off the sidewalk to walk across, a large tan truck came rushing by with tools in the bed. I learned then that I should look both way, or I could get in a car reck.

    ReplyDelete