Sunday, February 26, 2017

Princess for Hire

Image result for Princess for Hire


"Princess for Hire." by Lindsey Leavitt is about a girl named Desi. Desi has been bullied and just blew it with her 4-year crush, Hayden. She was looking forward to having a new start at school this year until Celeste shared a terrible picture of her. Her boss then had her make a wish on his fish tank and she wished that she could be the kind of person that makes an impact on the world. A fish from inside the tank smiled at her  before making bubbles that poped on top of the water. She was reading the Newspaper when she read an ad for a Princess. It didn't leave a phone number. Just said "Call Meredith." She then called out Meredith's name and then a bubble started to grow. It kept growing until Meredith came out. She then offered Desi a contract to have her be a Princess for hire and Desi has no idea what she's gotten herself into. She travels to exotic places full of light and joy but will always return to the always raining Sproutville.

The author wrote so we could see the world through Desi's eyes. I think that author wrote this way because we can see what she sees and she's also the main protagonist. It would be a totally different story if we saw the story through the eyes of Meredith. We can also know what Desi's thinking and she's a very in depth character which is weird because this is coming from a Disney book. 

I really liked this book because it's something different from other books I've read. It has an amazing plot with well crafted characters and all in all a good story line. It was well written and had a sense of humor. I really enjoyed this book. 

It taught me how I don't need to change to be happy and that you don't need stuff to be happy. Celeste was very materialistic and wasn't very happy but Desi was happy in the end because she didn't need stuff to make her happy. She wanted to have a lot of stuff and dress up like Celeste but she soon realizes that that was just her being jealous and she is happy now. 

This book made me laugh a lot because it's very quirky and is very witty which I enjoy. If this was made into a movie I feel like it would follow the book exactly because it's a Disney book. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes funny books and/or Disney movies because it's all wrapped up into one. It's a very well written book and I really enjoy it. 




1 comment:

  1. I learned that Desi thought all hope was lost, but her life changed when she became a princess. I liked how much imagery the summary in the intro of blog had. I want to know more about who Celeste is. A question I have is: How did Desi blow it for her 4-year crush, Hayden? I completely agree that you don’t need to change who you are to be happy, and the amount of stuff you have won’t make you happy. I think you would need true friends, and Jesus to be happy. If you liked Princess for Hire, I think you would also like The Fill-in Boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete